POI Chicago 2020 Update
POI Chicago 2020 Summit is proceeding as planned. We take the safety of our POI community very seriously, and this is particularly the case during the current Covid-19 outbreak.
At this time, we are not permitting any attendance at POI Chicago 2020 Summit by individuals from countries for which the CDC has assigned a travel health notice, which include China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan. These regions accounted for less than 1/2% of our total attendance, so we do not expect the event experience to be negatively impacted by these exclusions. Going forward, we may expand these exclusions further based on the advice we receive.
We will continue to work very closely with the venue and our partners to put into place additional health precautions in line with the guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO.
Additional safety precautions we’re taking:
- Working in partnership with our venue to arrange increased cleaning throughout the event.
- Making hand sanitization products available throughout the venue to help people ensure good hand hygiene.
- Ensuring EMTs are accessible to address any health concerns.
- Displaying the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO regarding hygiene and prevention.
- Continuing to review and update these precautionary measures in line with CDC and WHO guidance.
How you can help, too
We recommend that everyone attending POI Chicago 2020 Summit familiarizes themselves with the guidance provided by the WHO regarding taking care of your own health and that of those around you. This includes the following:
- Regularly and thoroughly cleaning your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintaining at least 3 feet (1 meter) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth as hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses; once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Making sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze then disposing of the used tissue immediately.
- Staying home if you feel unwell.
If you have any questions, please email POI Events Director, Susan McHenry at Susan@hrginc.net or Michael Kantor at MKantor@p-o-i.org. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates on this page. Return to events